I have had a few Frequently Ask Questions regarding the email Migration.
- Do I need to download / install any new software?
- If you are using a recent Microsoft Outlook (2010 onward) as a client you should not need any new software.
- Will I need to make any changes to Outlook set-up?
- You may be prompted in Outlook to accept changes from autodiscover.st-andrews.ac.uk or to restart Outlook. Please accept these changes. Hopefully most users will not need to make any manual changes.
- Will My Outlook or mail folders look any different?
- They should look the same.
- Does this affect Saintmail (Gmail) users?
- Does this change or give me a new email address?
- Also no. You keep your current address(es).
- Will Unimail – webmail change?
- Yes, but it will still be similar. There is links to it from the University Website, the direct link to it is: https://login.microsoftonline.com/?whr=st-andrews.ac.uk (This will NOT fully work until after the migration).
Please note: My answers are given to the best of my current knowledge, and I can not guarantee the thing may change 🙂